YAMWood - Metal Fabricator
Works under the supervision of the Production Manager to perform sheet metal preparation and bending as well as finishing to include cleaning, deburring and grinding. This position may also operate various saws, cutters and presses as required. This position may also involve material handling, and other production duties as directed by the Production Manager.
- Prepare metal for fabrication using solvents and basic hand and power tools as required.
- Use construction drawings to manufacture products to customer specifications
- Operate press brake
- Prepare fabricated metal products for finish (patina, powdercoat, etc)
- Be familiar with basic machine functions to perform the tasks stated above
- Assist in keeping the production area clean and orderly
- Must have minimum of two years of experience working in a machine shop or fabrication environment
- Must be comfortable and experienced using basic metal preparation hand and power tools.
- Should be proficient in operating a press brake (Wysong experience preferred)
- Welding experience is a plus
- Experience in completing directional and non-directional sanded finishes and polishing experience are a plus
- Experience driving a forklift is a plus
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
This position primarily works in a shop environment. This position is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 60 lbs. May be required to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time. This position may be exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2304