YAMWood Foundry - Welder
Welder/fabricator works alongside the custom fabrication team to produce the finest custom furniture and unique metal fabrications in the industry. The candidate must be able to use technical drawings, blueprints and other specifications to construct custom metal furniture, signage, wall art and other high-end custom metal products using standard welding and machine shop equipment. Must have experience in TIG and MIG welding.
- TIG and MIG welding of steel, stainless, brass and aluminum
- Produce very high end work with delicate finishes and close tolerances required to produce exclusive furniture products sold to a very demanding clientele
- Manage supply stock levels, sweep, empty trash and keep a clean workspace
- Work with Fabrication Manager to develop schedules and cost estimates
- Minimum of two years experience in TIG and MIG welding in a fabrication shop
- Must be comfortable and capable of working directly from drawings to create a product from start to finish
- Must have experience operating all common shop fabrication equipment to include: roll formers, benders, rollers, grinders, cutting torches and press brake at an advanced skill level
- Must be able to prototype/jig and understand production
- Experience in completing directional and non-directional sanded finishes and polishing experience are a plus
- Experience with patina finishes is a plus
- Experience driving a forklift is a plus
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
This position primarily works in a shop environment. This position is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 60 lbs. May be required to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time. This position may be exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2292