YAM Properties - Staff Accountant
This position is responsible for a variety of general accounting duties to support thirteen commercial real estate properties. Responsibilities include ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data so senior management can make informed decisions. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and a confidential and direct approach.
- Assist with quarterly and annual Common Area Reconciliations and billings
- Maintain Fixed Asset and Depreciation Schedules
- Responsible for month end property financials including
- Maintain Sub ledgers for Utility Deposits, Accounts Payable, Accrued Liabilities, etc.
- Assist with Annual budgeting process
- Assist with the annual 1099 filing
- Maintain vendor insurance requirements
- Assist with variance analysis projects and requests for data
- Assist with setting up newly acquired properties.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as requested by management
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Prior property accountant experience a plus
- Experience with automated accounting systems, experience with Yardi is a plus
- 1 years Accounting or Bookkeeping experience
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail, and high level of accuracy is required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize
- Work well with others, be an effective team member
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel, familiar with a professional office environment and equipment
This position is located in an office environment and will be required to sit for long periods of time working on a computer.
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1322