YAM Properties - Maintenance Service Technician
At YAM Properties, we ensure our employees, residents, tenants, and patron guests enjoy the best possible experience. We thrive in providing this experience through hard work, accountability, and the curiosity to learn new things. You get challenged to be better with great team support that makes you feel valued while having fun at this exciting location!
This position is in Glendale, AZ. As a Dual Maintenance Service Technician position, for both residential and commercial. This role performs daily upkeep and repairs to our property, including unit turns, service repairs, preventative maintenance, etc. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a background in maintenance and/or construction, painting, and/or skilled labor with knowledge of the apartment industry or the desire to learn about the apartment industry.
The apartment residential would be less than 100 units, and the commercial property is a prominent commercial venue hosting over 300 events throughout the year, making working with us fun all year round! We are excited to meet you!
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and have the ability of good communication skills with the team
- Trouble-shoot, diagnose, and correct minor air conditioning and/or heating failures, appliance repairs, electrical problems, plumbing, minor carpentry, painting, and drywall repairs
- Ability to open and close work orders and adding status of work notes
- Ability to turn units with a high standard of make-ready’s
- Maintain storage and mailbox re-key locks
- Perform necessary repairs and preventative maintenance in common areas and in apartments
- Complete minor roof repairs
- Inspect the property for safety hazards that may pose a liability and correct the hazard to inform the Service Supervisor of the hazard
- Share on-call duties with Service Supervisor and service team members and is readily available to go to the property if needed and in uniform/badge.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with all residents and team members
- Assist in monitoring the inventory of parts and cleaning supplies
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to the community team
- Adhere to company safety programs, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of maintenance experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work varied shifts, including, evenings, weekends and holidays and not limited to on-call
- Ability to operate powered equipment (hand tools required)
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lb. (including ability to stoop and bend)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, including maneuvering up and down ladders
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and deal with moderate levels of stress
- Ability to work in adaptive climate conditions for extended periods
- Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
- A high level of self-awareness, receptivity to change, and integrity
- Demonstrate Core Values: Teamwork, welcome challenges, and have a get-it-done mentality
This position primarily works in a shop environment. This position is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 60 lbs. May be required to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time. This position may be exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2309