YAM Properties: Maintenance Assistant
This role provides maintenance for multiple commercial sites in and around the Phoenix Metro, Arizona area. This role is responsible for assisting with maintaining the properties, monitoring, and maintaining property equipment, general up-keep of the grounds, and working closely with vendors to ensure timely and quality work.
- Perform daily/weekly walk-through and periodic inspections of facility systems for correct operation, appearance and maintenance needs
- Assist with repairs and maintenance of the properties
- Interior and exterior ongoing maintenance
- Weekly interior and exterior lighting checks
- Keep all storage areas and garages organized and clean
- Maintain detailed inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
- Monitor vendor work necessary to keep facilities in good working order (painting, cleaning, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc.)
- Assist with in house roofing crew
- 2 years experience as a handyman or maintenance technician experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of basic construction, plumbing and electrical principles
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work on multiple projects in a demanding environment
- Experience with hand and electrical tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Basic computer and internet research skills; Word and Excel are a plus
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time
- This position will need to walk, kneel, crouch, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working hours range from 7am to 5pm with occasional weekend and holiday work as needed. Some travel may be needed
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.?
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. ?YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1094