YAM Properties - Facilities Maintenance
The Facilities Maintenance is responsible for the care, safety and maintenance of multiple YAM Worldwide property locations. They will ensure that all buildings, common areas, and grounds are maintained according to property standards.
- Perform daily/weekly walk-through and periodic inspections of facility and mechanical/electrical systems for correct operation, appearance and maintenance needs
- Learn and operate building control systems to ensure safe, efficient systems operations
- Develop, implement and manage preventative maintenance schedules
- Monitor vendor work necessary to keep facilities in good working order (painting, cleaning, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc.)
- Act as point of contact for all facilities related issues, on call 24/7 for property incidents and emergencies
- Respond to, investigate and resolve all facility requests in a timely manner and ensure proper follow up is done
- Assist with renovation planning as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and vendors including sourcing new ones.
- Negotiate facility related contracts; review contractor/vendor work in-progress and upon completion
- Perform or assist on manual labor tasks at times, escalate facility issues as necessary
- Oversee the installation of all facility equipment
- Oversee all facility housekeeping contracted with janitorial vendors
- Maintain records: service records, manuals, as-builds, blueprints, HVAC program, checklists, daily operation logs, etc
- Accomplish financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures and initiating corrective actions
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal rules and regulations
- 5 years Building Engineer experience
- Prior experience handling work orders, managing vendors and dealing with facility issues
- Understanding of basic construction, plumbing and electrical principles
- Computer Skills - ability to use programs such as, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to work independently and in a team to accomplish objectives
- Knowledge of local, state and federal rules and regulations. Including National electrical code, National Fire Protection and OSHA
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work on multiple projects in a demanding environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position will be exposed to various working conditions. Must be able to sit and work at a desk and stand for long periods of time. This position will need to walk, kneel, crouch, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2270