YAM Properties - Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for excellent customer service and managing the financial aspects of the assigned property. This position will be focused on driving and retaining revenue for the property. The role will also be required to communicate with tenants, vendors and contractors to support leadership teams.
- Performs all lease administration duties including entering new leases, lease renewals, terminations, and other lease changes for approval by Senior Property Manager.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge, area knowledge, and market knowledge of community assigned and that of major competition through site visits/tours and telephone surveys.
- Ensures that all property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up-to-date in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations.
- Prepares bill backs and other miscellaneous tenant billings, tracking with spreadsheets as necessary; and distributes invoices to tenants as directed.
- Works with the Property Administrator and facilities support staff to ensure satisfactory resolution of tenant related service requests and maintenance issues.
- Makes recommendations to the Senior Property Manager for repairs and maintenance needs and schedules large projects.
- Requests bids, negotiates, and manages conformity with vendor contracts.
- Develops and maintains tenant percentage sales information entering into Yardi and billing as required.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable and collection efforts, communication with tenants of outstanding balances and account clarification.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Attend team meetings and events as required.
- This is a hybrid position (onsite and remote)
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field or equivalent work experience
- Exemplary customer relations and communication both in person and via phone/email - including written and verbal correspondence required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office programs and YARDI software is preferred
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2149