YAM Properties - Assistant Property Manager - Commercial
The Assistant Commercial Property Manager is responsible for tracking vendor proposals and contracts, tenant insurance requirements, mailings, and filings and follows-up to ensure service order requests have been completed. This position has a broad variety of administrative duties encompassing the day-to-day operations for YAM’s commercial properties.
- Process service and maintenance requests.
- Coordinate with our Facilities Department and third-party vendors on work order resolution, and ensure all work order and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Assist manager with contract and work order administration, correspondence, file maintenance, and tenant/vendor follow up on work performed.
- Investigate and resolve tenant complaints.
- Vendor management - coordinate with third-party vendors on routine property services.
- Keep property contact sheets updated. Assist in maintaining tenant and vendor information for the properties to include owner, tenant and vendor contact information.
- Track tenant and vendor insurance certificates, as well as send correspondence as necessary to keep certificates of insurance current.
- Review, prepare, and code invoices for property manager’s approval daily.
- Enter leases and lease amendments into Yardi.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable.
- Process tenant billbacks.
- Assist in maintaining and organizing all hard and electronic files for all properties.
- Assembling mailings to tenants.
- Coordinate with tenants on move-in/move-out procedures – utility transfers, welcome letters, etc.
- Work on special projects under supervision of Property Manager.
- Handle other administrative duties as assigned.
- Visit properties as needed.
Experience and Education Required
- Proficient in Excel, World and Microsoft Office
- The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects at any given time, extremely professional, and customer service oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Yardi preferred, but not mandatory.
- Prior work experience in Commercial Real Estate preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects at any given time, extremely professional, and customer service oriented.
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability, use of sound judgement and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situations.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, Excel and knowledge of YARDI software is preferred.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and a clean driving record. Reliable transportation is essential for frequent travel to/from properties.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1321