YAM Management - Payroll Specialist
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the payroll function to ensure the accurate payment of wages and commissions to employees. This position will be responsible for full-cycle payroll for multiple companies at YAM Worldwide within the Powersports division. YAM Worldwide includes a diverse group of companies in the fields of Powersports, golf, real estate, marketing, innovation and philanthropy. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and the desire to work with a highly effective and proactive team.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for 200 employees at 7 companies via ADP Workforce Now system
- Accurately calculate and maintain commissions worksheet using the Lightspeed database and a P&L statement
- Respond to and process writs of garnishments
- Review in detail all changes and transactions before and after payroll is transmitted
- Design and prepare various reports for HR and management as requested
- Prepare and process final checks and any other off-cycle checks as needed
- Keep abreast of federal and multi-state laws
- Assist with special ad-hoc reports, department and compliance audits as needed
- Provide timely follow-up to employee questions
- Assist with special research projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of payroll experience
- 3 years of accounting experience
- Experience with ADP systems and time and attendance software, Lightspeed and P&L statements
- Working knowledge of payroll policies, practices, government regulations and tax requirements
- Prior experience working in an office environment handling sensitive and confidential information
- Prior experience working in a dealership highly desired
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Advanced in Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a part of multiple teams
This position primarily works onsite in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1525