YAM Management - Core IT Business Analyst
Position Title: Business Analyst
Department: YAM Technology
Report To: Core IT Manager
Location: Scottsdale, AZ / Remote
The Business Analyst helps the Core IT team make business decisions by generating value from reporting on various activities of the team at large. Such reports include analysis of inbound support requests including request sources, request types, request frequency, issues per device, issues per department, issues per application etc. This information influences activity such as when to refresh hardware standards and retire applications. Additionally, the BA will work within the YAM finance department to estimate quarterly/yearly spend for all IT-related systems and services, as well as maintain accurate tracking of in-stock and deployed physical assets.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services by providing foundational data to execute data-driven decision making.
- Maintain up-to-date records of application licenses, costs and cost centers for technology hardware and licenses.
- Develop standard operating procedures around what triggers business actives such as application and hardware refresh programs.
- Assist in predicting IT needs for future growth and events such as team expansions, mergers and acquisitions.
- Maintain vendor relations and assist with procurement/accounts receivable activities.
- Leverage existing tools such as Confluence and Jira to document and track in-flight projects and activities.
- Work with the project management department on any upcoming projects that require the assistance and/or directly impact the core IT department.
- In general, assist in enhancing the quality of YAM IT products and services
- Work both independently and as part of a scalable team, think analytically, and identify the best-fit solution.
- Work thoroughly and accurately under time constraints and deadlines as needed.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and reports.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral with co-workers and various business vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Own the inventory management process and maintain accurate track of physical items in stock and deployed in the field.
- Create purchase orders for inventory stock requests and communicate with external vendors on lead times and delivery dates.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business analysis, business administration, management, finance, IT, or related field
- Two or more years of Business Analyst experience
- Understanding of corporate finance & accounting structures
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Experience working with senior decision-makers
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capable of independently solving moderate to complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of operations and client’s services.
This position will be exposed to various working conditions. Must be able to sit and work at a desk and stand for long periods of time. Work from home will be available on occasion.