YAM Management - Benefits Specialist
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, critical illness, accident, and 401(k) plan for YAM Worldwide. YAM Worldwide includes a diverse group of companies in the fields of Powersports, golf, real estate, marketing, innovation, and philanthropy. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and the desire to work with a highly effective and proactive team.
- Administer all leave-of-absence requests, workers compensation claims, and COBRA, including communication with third-party administrators.
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums, and plan administration and resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Gather employee data, process monthly billings, and create and distribute invoices for payment to multiple companies.
- Coordinate completion, submission, and follow-up of Evidence of Insurability forms.
- Process medial support orders.
- Conduct benefit orientations and explain benefit self-enrollment system; develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package and ensure new hire enrollment.
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with a third-party administrator. Liaise between employee, HR, medical provider and workers comp provider. Follow up on claims.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers by answering employee-related requests and questions.
- Assist with distribution of annual employee notices and benefits reporting requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related field or equivalent education, training, and experience.
- 5 years of experience in Benefits and Leave Administration
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to assist with multiple projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A professional, positive and flexible approach, and comfortable working in an environment of changing priorities
- Exhibit excellent dependability and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team, and equally effective as an independent contributor
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long
periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1527