YAM Management - Accounts Payable Specialist
The AP Specialist performs a variety of general AP duties and supports the accounting team. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data and observes confidentiality in all matters.
- Receive and verify invoice information in a timely manner
- Ensure account coding and invoice approval follows company policy
- Monitor unapproved invoice queue
- Process weekly check run
- Reconcile vendor statements and research/resolve discrepancies and irregularities
- Maintain positive vendor relationships
- Record ACH transactions and bank transfers in the General Ledger
- Prepare Intercompany Statements and related back-up
- Calculate and record monthly accrual for unreceived invoices
- Prepare and File 1099’s
- Monitor and process expense reports utilizing Concur Expense Manager
Experience and Education:
- Prior accounts payable experience
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimum direction
- Demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize
- Proficient in Excel
- Concur and Sage 50 experience is a plus (not required)
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2415