YAM Management - Accounts Payable Specialist
The AP Specialist performs a variety of general AP duties and supports the accounting team. This position ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data and observes confidentiality in all matters.
- Verifies accuracy of vendor invoices, allocates them to the correct general ledger account code, and submits for approval
- Reconcile vendor statements and research discrepancies and irregularities
- Process and print checks
- Maintain neat and organized files: vendor, insurance, assets
- Data entry, clerical, filing, process incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain positive vendor relationships
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff and vendors
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Education:
- Associates Degree or equivalent accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred; 3 years a plus
- Office experience preferred; comfortable with professional office environment and equipment
- High School Diploma or its equivalent is required
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills (oral and written)
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a face-paced environment
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and ability to prioritize
- Work well with others, be an effective team member
- Proficient with computers; Microsoft Office, experience with automated accounting systems a plus
This position is located in an office environment and will be required to sit for long periods of time working on a computer.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2150