YAM Management - Accounting Assistant
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for assisting with day-to-day transactional accounting including banking, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Enter, code and process invoices in a timely manner
- Prepare and process journal entries and maintain accurate general ledger
- Assist with preparing monthly financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements and credit cards to general ledger
- Maintain positive bank and vendor relationships
- Reconcile vendor statements and research discrepancies and irregularities
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff and vendors
- Maintain neat and organized files: vendor, insurance, assets
- Assist with year-end 1099 preparation as well as year-end reconciliations
- Sort incoming mail
- Order office supplies as needed
- Special projects as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent with at least two years’ Accounting experience
- Or Eight to Ten years’ Accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meeting various deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and dependable
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2346