YAM Capital -Senior Loan Originator/Director of Business Dev.
This role is responsible for sourcing and identifying lending opportunities in commercial real estate and managing the overall evaluation process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients in order to generate deal flow opportunities
- Interview potential clients, discuss loan programs and request financial and collateral documents
- Present loan recommendations to the managing director
- Conduct due diligence on loan opportunities, including past and projected financial performance, investment merits and risks, and expected returns
- Perform site due diligence, as applicable
- Make loan recommendations based on the results of the team’s due diligence findings and analysis
- Perform credit analysis of commercial real estate properties including loan-to-value analysis, debt service coverage, and other relevant metrics
- Prepare moderately complex property valuations to properly analyze loan requests
- Meet with company management and review past performance, strategy, outlook, industry issues, and other relevant topics as required
- Maintain service standards and continuously strive to meet client objectives in order to help grow a portfolio of high-quality loans
- Monitor ongoing financial and operational performance of current loan portfolio
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in lending or commercial real estate mortgage banking
- Strong Accounting and/or Finance Acumen
- Knowledge of commercial real estate credit underwriting
- Proven business development skills with strong local and nationwide contacts in the commercial real estate industry, real estate development companies, real estate brokerage companies, and other intermediaries
- Demonstrated experience in leading successful deals (e.g. sourcing, analysis, due diligence, execution, and monitoring)
- High level of oral and written communication skills and exceptional presentation skills
- Must be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, and able to work independently yet work comfortably as part of a close-knit team
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.?
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. ?YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1441