SPOOKY Fast/YAMWood Foundry: Entry Technician
Job Title: Entry Level Body/Prep Technician
Department: Custom Finishing
Reports to: Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Arizona Specialty Finishing is currently looking for someone eager to learn! Do you like to come up with ideas and create with your hands? Cool! But you haven’t learned the ropes yet? Well, we might be a match. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to learn the following: body work, prep, paint and powder coat and be a part of an awesome team. You will work directly with one of our experienced technicians so you can be a part of the action.
- 1 years’ experience within a shop environment
- Knowledge and experience with products/services sold by the business, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Assist Master Tech with Body and Prep work for motorcycle customization
- Assist Powder coat dept with prep & packaging finalized Powder coat for delivery
- Pick up and deliver finished paint and Powder coat to customers
- Deliver parts and pick up supplies.
- Ensure high quality completion on all jobs
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Our Moto “Make Things Right”
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Accept direction, follow instructions, and work well with other people
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 700 lb. motorcycle or other heavy items for finishing.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Will be asked to use power, pneumatic tools
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.?
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. ?YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1132