Senior Internal Auditor-Scottsdale, Arizona
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects as part of the internal audit plan including determining audit scope, creating audit work programs, including developing appropriate testing procedures, and preparing reports reflecting the results of the work performed. This position will work with the audit team and business personnel to understand both financial and operational controls, determine and assess risks within processes, identify controls and deficiencies and provide recommendations to improve processes under review.
- Actively participates in all phases of the audit process including, planning, identifying risks, establishing objectives and scope of work, creating the audit program, performing audit fieldwork, documentation of work performed and meeting audit project metrics (budgets and deadlines).
- Prepares audit work papers and maintains organized audit evidence to support conclusions
- Reviews audit work papers prepared by the audit staff and provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure audit objectives are met while contributing to the professional development of the audit staff
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop process improvements and solutions for internal control and process deficiencies
- Prepares the preliminary audit observations ensuring key observations and risks are addressed and communicated in a manner that builds trust and improves processes
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Maintains an understanding of business processes, initiatives, risks and controls to align internal audit efforts with key business objectives and risks
- Contributes to Internal Audit risk assessment and audit plan development
- Focuses on continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for creating efficiencies in planning, performing, and report of audit engagements
- Performs other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Certified Internal Auditor a plus
- Minimum 3 years of progressive internal audit experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong active listening skills
- Strong knowledge of audit processes and internal controls required
- Demonstrates solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take on new audits/projects
- Ability to develop strong relationships with business partners
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage across multiple concurrent projects with competing priorities
- Works well independently and in a team environment
Job Status: Full Time