Scottsdale National Golf Club - Server
Our Company and Role Overview
An exclusive, members only oasis in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale National Golf Club presents golf the way it’s meant to be played. No tee times required. Wide open fairways across forty-five holes with no homes lining the courses. Supported by two distinctive clubhouses with stunning views and unexpected amenities. Fifteen luxurious member Villas with sixty tastefully appointed rooms, surrounded by three million acres of government protected desert land in the center of magnificent vistas. And just one rule, established by club owners Bob and Renee Parsons — and insisted upon by the membership — “No member shall ever impinge upon another member's enjoyment of the club.”
*We are offering a $500 signing bonus, $250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment and $250 to be paid out after 60 days of employment. *
In this role, it is crucial to ensure prompt and polite service to members and their guests by providing a welcoming and warm approach. You will be depended upon to anticipate the needs of our members and their guests as well as consistently seeking opportunities to exceed their expectations. Utilizing your proficient knowledge of our menus and bar offerings, as well as service steps and guidelines you will work with your team to provide a seamless dining experience. We will look to you to use your excellent communication skills when working with the kitchen staff regarding menu questions, length of wait, recook of orders, and product availability, as well as all special meal requirements, food allergies, and/or dietary needs. We will also rely on you to properly set and detail tables that are up to event standards and prepare service stations. You will utilize the Jonas point-of-sale system to accurately, and efficiently input orders and tender checks in a timely manner. In addition, you will help with cleaning tables and ensuring a pristine dining area, as well as keep all china and glassware polished throughout the day. You will be responsible for completing closing duties and following all company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as reporting any accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to you manager and completing safety training and certifications.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Strong passion, commitment to excellence, and true service heart to carry out daily tasks
- Strong desire to provide excellent guest service experience
- Prior serving experience in a hotel, resort or club environment
- Ability to be highly punctual and work schedule hours based on business needs
- Neat and polished appearance and ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Strong relationship, communication and collaboration skills to effectively partner with co-workers and broader teams in a professional manner
- Strong desire to cultivate positive working relationships, supports team to reach common goals, and listens and responds appropriately to the concerns of others
- Ability to read and visually verify information in a variety of formats
- Experience working with point-of-sale systems
- Have fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Uniform shirt is provided, and a shoe and belt reimbursement are available.
- Proper fitting black dress pants and socks are required.
- This position provides serving support to several outlets: Dining Room, Café, Banquet Room and On-Course.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for entire work shift
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects 25 pounds or less; 50 pounds or less with assistance
Our organization is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment. In addition, we believe in creating a diverse environment and committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2094