Scottsdale National Golf Club - Pastry Cook II - PM Shift
An exclusive, members only oasis in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale National Golf Club presents golf the way it’s meant to it should be played. No tee times required. Wide open fairways across forty-five holes with no homes lining the courses. Supported by two distinctive clubhouses with stunning views and unexpected amenities. Fifteen luxurious member Villas with sixty tastefully appointed rooms, surrounded by three million acres of government protected desert land in the center of magnificent vistas. And just one rule, established by club owners Bob and Renee Parsons — and insisted upon by the membership — “No member shall ever impinge upon another member's enjoyment of the club.”
*We are offering a $500 signing bonus, $250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment and $250 to be paid out after 60 days of employment. *
This position is responsible for working closely with the Culinary Team to carry out the preparing and plating of menu items in accordance with established standards. The ideal candidate will have advanced culinary skills and cooking methods, and accustomed to working in a highly collaborative and communicative team environment.
- Creates and develops intricate plated desserts
- Produces high quality dishes with a rotating seasonal menu
- Works on the line at night for dinner service, plating desserts for Members
- Prepares daily production work, ice creams, Sorbets, and assists in creating rotating treats for the golf course.
- Assist in creating chocolate work, such as Bon Bons, Chocolate décor
- Works with the team in seasonal large events/ golf tournaments
- Completes other duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- 1-3 years of pastry experience
- Strong desire to produce the best with a “can-do” attitude in all situations
- Degree in Culinary Arts and advanced culinary skills and cooking methods or equivalent experience
- Experience handling food orders timely, skillfully and confidently.
- Strong relationship, communication and collaboration skills to effectively partner with co-workers, supervisors, and across the organization
- Flexible approach, based on business demand, and able to work varying working hours
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, accountability, use of sound judgement and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Neat and polished appearance
- Demonstrate confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situations
- Must be able to lift up-to 50lbs
- This position will be exposed to various working conditions (both inside and outside). Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend and kneel frequently and for long periods of time
Our organization is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment. In addition, we believe in creating a diverse environment and committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1536