Scottsdale National Golf Club - HVAC/R Technician
An exclusive, members only oasis in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale National Golf Club presents golf the way it’s meant to it should be played. No tee times required. Wide open fairways across forty-five holes with no homes lining the courses. Supported by two distinctive clubhouses with stunning views and unexpected amenities. Fifteen luxurious member Villas with sixty tastefully appointed rooms, surrounded by three million acres of government protected desert land in the center of magnificent vistas. And just one rule, established by club owners Bob and Renee Parsons — and insisted upon by the membership — “No member shall ever impinge upon another member's enjoyment of the club.”
The Facilities HVAC/R Technician will be responsible for maintenance and repair of all related heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment and will assist with other Facilities related duties as needed.
The shift for this position is 2nd shift, 2 pm to 10 pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of HVAC/R Systems
- Conducting preventative maintenance on HVAC/R Systems.
- Maintains departmental compliance with Club maintenance procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Environmental Protection Agency as it pertains to refrigerant and its proper storage, documentation, and disposal
- Supports Club departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly, and monthly checklists.
- Maintain the Clubhouse, Grounds Maintenance, Restaurant and all other common areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and tiling to ensure an attractive and well-maintained Golf Club.
- Must possess knowledgeable of basic hand/power tool operation.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with members, management, coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 18 months HVAC/R Experience or Trade School equivalent
- Understanding of advanced principals of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration.
- Universal EPA Certification a must
- Strong familiarity in facilities maintenance with requests completed in a manner that suggests a high level of accuracy, care and attention to detail
- Previous property preventative maintenance experience and prior HVAC experience highly preferred
- Must have strong command of the English language, and able to speak, read and write in English
- Must be able to communicate clearly with co-workers, managers, members and invited guests
- Strong relationship, communication and collaboration skills to effectively partner with the facilities group and broader hospitality team
- Strong desire to be “part of the solution” in an environment with changing and competing priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks
- Flexible approach, based on business demand, and able to work varying working hours, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, accountability, use of sound judgement and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Neat and polished appearance
- Demonstrated confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situation
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Uniform provided
- This position will be exposed to various working conditions (both inside and outside/hot and cold environments). Must be able to stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel frequently and for long periods of time
Pay: up to $19/hour
17.0000 To 19.0000 (USD) Hourly
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1243