Scottsdale National Golf Club - Golf Shop Retail Specialist
This position is responsible for assisting members and guests with retail selections in our Golf Shop. The ideal candidate will have a true passion for providing a high level of customized and personal customer service in order to build on-going relationships with our members and guests.
- Promote retail sales by providing excellent customer service
- Assess member and guest needs and provide assistance and information with special order requests, product information, price, etc.
- Track and maintain data on member preferences for future purchases
- Track and provide timely updates to members and guests with special request items, anticipated delivery date, etc.
- Ensure the golf shop is maintained in a neat and orderly manner. Stock shelves, counters and tables with merchandise in a visually pleasing manner to promote sales.
- Maintain proper and accurate record of daily sales, and communicate merchandise re-order/special requests to manager as applicable
- Follow opening and closing duties specifically as outlined, and ensure shop is in “ready” mode for next business day
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years in a luxury/high end retail/customer service environment
- Point-of-sale system knowledge a plus
- Golf industry experience preferred but not required
- Strong desire to provide individualized/personal customer service with great attention to detail. Ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities in an effective manner.
- Polished and professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Cash management and basic math ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide), and operate a point-of-sale system
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity in all situations
Our organization is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment. In addition, we believe in creating a diverse environment and committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1457