Scottsdale National Golf Club - Experienced Server
Our Company and Role Overview
An exclusive, members only oasis in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale National Golf Club presents golf the way it’s meant to it should be played. No tee times required. Wide open fairways across forty-five holes with no homes lining the courses. Supported by two distinctive clubhouses with stunning views and unexpected amenities. Fifteen luxurious member Villas with sixty tastefully appointed rooms, surrounded by three million acres of government protected desert land in the center of magnificent vistas. And just one rule, established by club owners Bob and Renee Parsons — and insisted upon by the membership — “No member shall ever impinge upon another member's enjoyment of the club.”
*We are offering a $500 signing bonus, $250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment and $250 to be paid out after 60 days of employment. *
In this role, it is crucial to ensure prompt and polite service to members and their guests by providing a welcoming and warm approach, as well as checking in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages. Apart from taking orders and serving food and beverages to members and guests, we’ll look at you to work with the kitchen regarding menu questions, length of wait, recook of orders, and product availability, as well as all special meal requirements, food allergies, and/or dietary needs. We’ll also rely on you to properly set tables that are up to event and service standards, prepare service stations, and present check to members and guests. Your familiarity with the Jonas system will be needed to record transactions. In addition, you will help with cleaning tables and ensuring a clean dining area, as well as keeping all china and glass clean throughout the day. Lastly, you will be responsible for completing closing duties and following all company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as reporting any accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to you manager and completing safety training and certifications.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Strong passion, commitment to excellence, and true service heart to carry out daily tasks
- Strong desire to provide excellent guest service experience
- Prior serving experience in a hotel, resort or club environment
- Ability to be highly punctual and work schedule hours based on business needs
- Neat and polished appearance and ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Strong relationship, communication and collaboration skills to effectively partner with co-workers and broader teams in a professional manner
- Strong desire to cultivate positive working relationships, supports team to reach common goals, and listens and responds appropriately to the concerns of others
- Ability to read and visually verify information in a variety of formats
- Proficient with Jonas system
- Have fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Uniform shirt is provided, and a shoe and belt reimbursement are available.
- Proper fitting black dress pants and socks are required.
- This position provides serving support to several outlets: Dining Room, Café, Banquet Room and On-Course.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for entire work shift
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects 25 pounds or less; 50 pounds or less with assistance
Our organization is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment. In addition, we believe in creating a diverse environment and committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1425