Scottsdale National Golf Club - Assistant Pastry Chef
*We are offering a $500 signing bonus, $250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment and $250 to be paid out after 60 days of employment.
This position is responsible for working closely with the Culinary Team to carry out the preparing and plating of menu items in accordance with established standards. The ideal candidate will have advanced culinary skills and cooking methods, and accustomed to working in a highly collaborative and communicative team environment. This position will be in charge of all production in the Pastry Shop, will guide, train and supervise daily pastry output personnel and will cooperate well with other departments.
The successful candidate will assure that the Pastry Shop is in top operational form producing high standards and solving problems within his/her position. This leader will champion teamwork and positive morale.
The Skills You’ll BringExperience handling food orders in a timely, skillfully and confidently
• Strong relationship, communication and collaboration skills to effectively partner with co-workers, supervisors, and across the organization
• Flexible approach, based on business demand, and able to work varying working hours
• Possess a high level of self-motivation, accountability, use of sound judgement and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Neat and polished appearance
• Demonstrated confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situations
Experience and Education
- This candidate will possess Advanced Culinary and artistic skills, knowledge of French pastries, American pastries, pull sugar, cake decorating, chocolate work and show pieces.
- Must be able to relieve any Pastry, Baker, or Cook positions.
- Either graduated from Culinary school with 6 years of professional experience or 10 years Pastry Cook experience in Fine Dining or High-end Golf Club.
- 2-year College Degree Preferred. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations including but not limited to conversion of recipes, inventories, food cost, labor cost etc.
- Strong desire to teach, train, mentor and inspire team with a “can-do” attitude in all situations
Degree in Culinary Arts and advanced culinary skills and cooking methods
Know all menus and be able to assist other employees.
Dedication to excellence with continued development of our National Club reputation
• Must be able to lift up-to 50lbs
• This position will be exposed to various working conditions (both inside and outside). Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend and kneel frequently and for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
Our organization is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment. In addition, we believe in creating a diverse environment and committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2233