Scottsdale National Golf Club -Assistant Irrigator
Our Company and Role Overview
An exclusive, members only oasis in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale National Golf Club presents golf the way it’s meant to it should be played. No tee times required. Wide open fairways across forty-five holes with no homes lining the courses. Supported by two distinctive clubhouses with stunning views and unexpected amenities. Fifteen luxurious member Villas with sixty tastefully appointed rooms, surrounded by three million acres of government protected desert land in the center of magnificent vistas. And just one rule, established by club owners Bob and Renee Parsons — and insisted upon by the membership — “No member shall ever impinge upon another member's enjoyment of the club.”
*We are offering a $500 signing bonus, $250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment and $250 to be paid out after 60 days of employment. *
- Performs skilled work in maintaining and repairing irrigation systems.
- Maintains or replaces sprinkler heads and hydro-indexing valves, electrical valves, and ball valves for manual, hydraulic, and electric irrigation systems, ensuring safety standards and policies are met.
- Tests existing, new, and modified systems regularly and monitors/records gallons used to ensure continued and efficient functioning.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Working knowledge of: maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls
- Ability to work overtime
- Strong leader, work ethic and passion for golf
- Bi-lingual a plus
Education and Experience Required:
- Ability to recognize, communicate and/or resolve irrigation repair and maintenance challenges.
- Ability to operate, repair and maintain irrigation system, pump station, irrigation computer system.
- Ability to safely operate golf course equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, tools, and equipment used in golf course irrigation repair and maintenance.
- Ability to work alone with limited supervision, follow instructions and be detail oriented.
- Working hours may include weekends and holidays
- Ability to safely lift-up to 50lbs
- This position will be exposed to various working conditions (both inside and outside in the heat). Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend and kneel frequently and for long periods of time
Job Reference #: 1593