PXG - Visual and Brand Standards Manager - Stores
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Visual Merchandising and Brand Standards Manager position plays an important role in PXG’s retail strategy by leading the development and implementation of in-store visual merchandising plans and best practices as well as brand standards across PXG’s retail store locations. This role will be responsible for leading schematic design initiatives, merchandising execution, and monitoring compliance for current stores as well as new store development. In addition, and to ensure our customers have exceptional in-store experiences, this role will work collaboratively with other functions to define and implement PXG’s in-store brand initiatives.
As a leadership position within PXG’s Retail Department, this position will utilize their creativity and knowledge of industry trends and insights, PXG brand and product knowledge and professional industry experience to increase retail store sales and profitability through impactful and effective merchandising plans along with execution of clearly-defined Brand Standards. To ensure store-level compliance, the development of comprehensive training materials, curriculums and training/onboarding plans will be a key component to success.
- Creates and implements Merchandising plan/manual to establish in-store merchandising expectations and compliance
- Reviews and adjusts merchandising design plans as warranted by retail store performance and collections
- Develops and leads all training initiatives on Apparel, Bags & Accessories – materials, curriculums, training/onboarding timing & implementation
- Participates in the design and development of floorplans for new retail and/or updates to existing locations
- Collaborates with retail design partner (Lotus United) on fixture locations to maximize capacity and product placement to drive sales and profitability while enhancing the customer’s in-store experience
- Conducts both in-person and Teams-based (virtual) training, coaching and role playing to support brand/retail initiatives and actively shares best practices
- Works closely with Apparel team to support inventory initiatives to ensure stores maintain in-stock par levels
- Participates and shares perspective and insights during store-specific annual business planning process
- Cross checks website to ensure everything that is in stock is active on site the day we receive stock.
- Provides standards for visual merchandising of product depictions on website when applicable.
Merchandising and Store Planning Development
- Leads Visual and Merchandising during new store openings
- Collaborates with Retail and Apparel teams, through the sharing of insights and sales trends, on upcoming collections to facilitate the proactive design and development of retail store merchandising plans
- Fosters ongoing collaboration with key constituents within Apparel and Retail Store teams as well as other functions
- Develops plan and order quantities for mannequins, hangers, bags, etc. to support in-store merchandising and store openings
- Develops PXG retail Brand Standards in conjunction with other PXG functions, including VP of Brand Communications & Engagement
- Ensures retail store Brand Standards comprehensively cover all areas, including visual graphics and fixtures, merchandising, customer-relationship management, customer’s in-store experience, events and dress code and grooming standards
- Establishes and implements standards for customer post-purchase presentation (wrapping & packaging)
- In collaboration with Director of Retail, develops and implements consistent customer-relationship management process & procedures, including capturing customer data, outreach initiatives and ongoing monitoring of engagement
- Supports Retail Store and Marketing teams on media and PR initiatives as it relates to Brand Standards
- Leads training initiatives and curriculums to gain buy-in of PXG’s Brand Standards while ensuring in-store execution and compliance
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ in leadership and management positions
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in retail merchandising with proven track record
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience a must
- Merchandising experience with golf apparel and equipment a plus
- Executive level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop merchandising plans and training materials/curriculums
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate across entire organization: ownership/leadership, peers and subordinates in a matrixed organization
- Ability to collaborate internally with support teams (Retail Store associates, Apparel team, Marketing, retail & company operations teams, Finance, Sales, etc.)
- Results oriented with a strong drive to succeed and breakdown/overcome barriers to success
- Ability to travel is a requirement for this position
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
This position primarily works in an office environment or retail environment. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1268