PXG - Tour Technician (Scottsdale, AZ)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
This position is responsible for on-site custom club building and fitting at various PGA tournaments throughout the US. Responsibilities include: transporting the Company’s trailer to events, stocking, organizing and maintaining specific materials and appropriate inventory levels, tracking orders, and operating and maintaining the trailer in a safe and secure manner. Travel is anticipated to be 80% of the time. All work performed will be on-site in the Company’s trailer.
- Timely transport of tour trailer to professional PGA tournaments throughout the US annually
- Provide custom club building and fitting support to PXG Golf staff professionals and PXG tour representatives including club assembly, repair and modifications as necessary
- Gather club specifications for information database
- Maintain, track and order all club components, demo clubs and equipment to be stored and inventoried on tour trailer
- Develop annual travel schedule in accordance with PGA and LPGA events
- Oversee regular trailer maintenance schedules in conjunction with the tour event calendar
- Provide regular updates and check-ins from the road, keeping manager apprised of activities
- Maintain professional appearance of the tour trailer in keeping with the image of the company
- Maintain and fulfill all Class "A" license and Department of Transportation requirements, including maintaining accurate logbook information
- Work with all other departments of PXG to help in other fitting/demo days where it fits with the tour event schedule
- Provide superior customer service
- Perform other related duties as required
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum of 5 years club building and fitting experience
- High School Diploma
- Hands-on club building, fitting, repair and modification expertise and experience
- Ability to work as a team and under the scrutiny of a tour professional monitoring the building and fitting process
- Superior product knowledge and ability to resolve to build and fit issues in a timely and effective manner
- Strong communication skills to professionally and proactively communicate with vendors, local tour officials, and other external contacts
- Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively meet tour date schedules, trailer maintenance timelines, and appropriate inventory levels as required
- Self-motivation, accountability, use of sound judgment and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Maintain a professional and clean work area
- Maintain travel budget and expenses within Company’s guidelines
- Ability to travel and drive trailer long distances and comfortable being away from a home location for weeks at a time
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in all situations
- Must possess and maintain a current Commercial Driver’s License at all times while in the position
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, stand and lift in a small space. Will be required to use hand tools and various materials which may require the use of protective equipment.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1663