PXG - Sr. Accountant (Scottsdale, Arizona)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Senior Accountant position supports our fast-growing global businesses with the development and execution of the proper processes and controls to support PXG’s business strategies. The candidate will support the month-end close and weekly/monthly reporting for our Marketing and Apparel business units. The role will support the development of financial reports, processes, and procedures to support changing global business demands while maintaining high-quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG), a growing, global manufacturing and retail company. This role requires a combination of retail, manufacturing, supply chain and domestic and international business experience. Additionally, this position works cross-functionally within the PXG Accounting and Finance team to drive improvements throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes.
This role will require the individual to provide timely, relevant, and sound financial information. To be successful in this role, this individual must have strong accounting experience, a background understanding of the six business cycles and be analytical. This person should also be collaborative and have a strong work ethic.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual close of PXG general ledger and reconciliations. Support the monthly closing process for assigned countries/business units: complete financial reporting requirements and work with local teams to prepare financial and operational analysis.
- Review business unit’s month-end close financial submissions for completeness and reasonableness and present to business leaders.
- Maintenance of general ledger including review and Actual to forecast/budget spend variances.
- Assist in Annual external and internal control audits including completion of requested schedules.
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist with all aspects of the six business cycles including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit/collections, fixed assets, treasury, month-end and year-end close, and financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant with increasing responsibilities in accounting and ready for the next step.
- Candidate must possess skills to comprehend complex business strategies and transactions and record such events in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Industry knowledge in retail, distribution and/ or consumer packaged goods.
- Advanced experience working in Microsoft tools (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint) and business intelligence software (i.e., Tableau)
- Experience in manufacturing operations desired, Experience with ERP systems a plus
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Acumatica is a plus
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and carrying out detailed, complex analysis
- The mindset of continuous process improvements with a focus on questioning the status quo.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Work with various teams across multiple locations to promote consistency and ensure adherence to processes
- Must meet deadlines and deliver quality results with a “can do” attitude
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This position primarily works in an office environment but may be required to travel and be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed. Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.