PXG - Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The SRE Engineer will work to integrate multiple applications, leveraging APIs and Cloud Framework, to improve workflow and capability. Additionally, the Engineer will work within the YAM-IT department to provide service growth and support for Business-Intelligence and Development departments. The position will require close relationships with multiple business leaders and strong knowledge of internal workflow.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Provide Business-Intelligence team with design, configuration and implementation of infrastructure used to deliver applications and integrations.
- Assist with the design and integration of internal applications and toolsets.
- Assist with the design, coordination and review of building plans to ensure both business and IT requirements are met in regard to power, cooling, wireless infrastructure and coverage, drop count, drop medium.
- Provide networking support and troubleshooting on equipment leveraging advanced routing protocols.
- Manage life cycle of Internal IT Application stacks including the installation, deployment, and patching.
- Assist in developing a framework for continuous delivery and support for YAM-related developers, as recommended by each department.
- Collaborate with the Development teams and leverage API’s to provide additional integrations between current and future application stacks.
- Assist with development and integration of new service offerings leveraging cloud providers to ensure application availability globally, when required.
- Leverage cloud providers to expand client offerings and services for customer-facing businesses.
- Maintain and test disaster recovery policies based on per-business RPO and RTO.
- Suggest solutions for Process Improvement and Infrastructure Architecture where observed.
- Work both independently and as part of a scalable team, think analytically, and identify the best-fit solution.
- Work thoroughly and accurately under time constraints and deadlines as needed.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and reports.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral with co-workers and various business vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a systems administration role.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Enterprise Linux and Windows Server platforms.
- Minimum 1-year experience with Cloud Frameworks (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Minimum 1-year experience with Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet).
- Minimum 1-year experience with Docker containers in an enterprise environment.
- Strong experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant Application environments is required.
- Strong Experience with Amazon Web Services is required.
- Experience with Virtual environments (KVM, VMWare).
- Experience with web-based applications (NGINX, IIS, Web services).
- Experience with three-tier architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with Databases/SQL preferred (Postgres, MSSQL, MYSQL, Dynamo) is a plus.
- Experience with Container Orchestration is a plus (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Rancher).
- Intermediate networking skills including firewall and switching
- Advanced virtualization and OS management
- Intermediate cloud and PaaS design and management
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including the ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
- Fluent with participating and/or executing the multiple stages of testing (i.e. Unit, System, Integration, Performance, Regression).
- Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation
- Capable of independently solving moderate to extremely complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including writing ability to update tickets with status and communicate daily /weekly status.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of operations and client services.
This position will be exposed to various working conditions. Must be able to sit and work at a desk and stand for long periods of time. This position will be required to travel to various properties depending on needs. Work from home will be available on occasion.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1620