PXG - Site Reliability Engineer - Manager
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
About the Role:
PXG is currently looking for a leader for the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. This position is based in Scottsdale, Arizona. As part of PXG's rapid growth path, SRE is accountable for the overall reliability and performance of services running in our various environments (AWS, GCP, and on-premises). This team is also responsible for improving operational efficiency, utilization, and system resiliency of the various systems in use by the business. Additionally, they work with the development teams to own and maintain critical services including in-house developed applications, open-source software, and enterprise SaaS solutions. These services make up the operating platform that PXG relies on, and SRE are core participants in nearly every significant engineering effort currently underway across all lines of business. The team's goal is to make PXG's environments more transparent, predictable, and performant to help support our explosive growth.
- Lead a team of tight-knit, talented engineers passionate about critical distributed systems
- Be responsible for a team that owns, scales, and operates our applications and services
- Seek out every path to support and improve your team's happiness, engagement, and effectiveness
- Champion a culture of learning, continuous improvement, and blameless retrospection within your team and across the company
- Mentor and grow your junior engineers, and empower and unblock your senior ones
- Promote making work visible and pushing the team to automate anything where possible
- Know when to make a critical decision or gain multi-functional consensus
- Build and maintain extensive work plans detailing sophisticated technical projects in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Promote cross-team collaboration between internal engineering and development groups
- An experienced manager, specifically familiar with managing engineering teams with varied skills and personalities
- Experienced with owning reliability for cloud and on-premise-based services and infrastructure
- Conversant with a wide range of relevant tools and technologies. Though the role is not expected to be an individual contributor, knowledge and interests should include some or all of: AWS, GCP, Python, Docker, CI/CD, Networking, and SaaS
- Committed to having hard conversations when appropriate to help drive the right outcome
- Mindful of compliance and security regulations to help guide our designs and implementations to be as good as they can be
- Business insight and organizational savvy
- History of cultivating innovation
- An obsession with decision quality
- A strategic mindset
- Experience in leading the implementation of scalable solutions for complex business requirements
- Ability to spearhead a group that drives requirements, design, architecture & development for modern, cloud-native applications
- History of leading successful technology integration projects
- Extensive experience leading teams responsible for customer-facing systems in a high uptime 24-7 environment
- Expertise in analyzing the sophisticated application, database, network, and OS issues across a distributed large scale business-critical system
- Demonstrated dedication to actively supervising "quality of service" using tools like Datadog, Pagerduty, and more
Your background should include:
- Very strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills including the ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis.
- Minimum 2-3 years in a leadership role
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
This position works in an office environment. Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1274