PXG - Senior Staff Accountant
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for various aspects of the daily accounting and monthly closing process for a fast-growing global manufacturing and retail company. The ideal candidate should have manufacturing and/or inventory control experience and a strong understanding of the full accounting cycle. This position reports to the Controller.
- Assist with all aspects of the accounting cycle for several domestic and international entities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit/collections, fixed assets, treasury, month-end and year-end close, and financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations (balance sheet, banks, credit cards).
- Assist with the processing of sales orders, invoicing of customers, and posting customer payments, and vendor accounts payable.
- Monitors changes in the sales environment to ensure the timely and accurate submission of monthly/quarterly/annual sales tax and VAT filings.
- Develop and compile weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with audit research requests
- Serve as back-up to other accounting team members
- Effectively communicate with customers, vendors, and employees by phone and email
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent accounting work experience
- 5 years of general accounting experience
- Prior experience with inventory in a retail or manufacturing environment required.
- Prior experience with multi-state sales tax and international VAT, particularly Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan highly desirable.
- Current CPA license or active candidate highly desirable
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in an environment with competing deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required; experience with Acumatica a plus
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1225