PXG - Senior Accountant (Tokyo, Japan)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! We pour every ounce of innovation into each club design, from drivers to putters, and to our coveted golf apparel collections that combine performance, luxury, and style. We are actively building our operations into the Japanese market, and this position will be part of the leadership team tasked with developing strategic business planning. Ready to become part of the PXG team? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKf886voSo
The Senior Accountant is responsible for various aspects of the daily accounting and monthly closing process for a fast-growing global manufacturing and retail company. The ideal candidate should have manufacturing and/or inventory control experience and a strong understanding of the full accounting cycle. This position reports to the Controller.
- Assist with all aspects of the accounting cycle for several domestic and international entities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit/collections, fixed assets, treasury, month-end and year-end close, and financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations (balance sheet, banks, credit cards).
- Assist with the processing of sales orders, invoicing of customers, and posting customer payments, and vendor accounts payable.
- Monitors changes in the sales environment to ensure the timely and accurate submission of monthly/quarterly/annual tax filings.
- Develop and compile weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with audit research requests
- Effectively communicate with customers, vendors, and employees by phone and email
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent accounting work experience
- 5 years of general accounting experience
- Prior experience with inventory in a retail or manufacturing environment required.
- Current CPA license or active candidate highly desirable
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed, and follow through with the minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in an environment with competing deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required; experience with Acumatica a plus
- Until COVID restrictions are lifted, the position will be Work-from-Home
- Upon re-opening, the position will be located in our Tokyo office and adherence to ongoing COVID-19 workplace practices may be required
Job Reference #: 1404