PXG - Scrum Master (Remote)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
As a Scrum Master, you will be the servant leader for agile teams that build the core applications and systems serving PXG and its customers. Your guidance in developing an agile mindset, following Scrum/Kanban best practices, and driving continuous improvement is key in enabling our teams to deliver business value through their planning, development, and delivery. The role requires excellent collaboration and communication skills both internally with the team, our overall tech teams, business partners, and external vendors.
The Scrum master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow Scrum framework values and agile practices and mentoring and motivating the teams to continuously improve over time. The Scrum master facilitates Scrum events, ensure the Scrum Artifacts are in a healthy state, guides the team in their decision-making processes, ensure that role and responsibilities are understood and enacted, helps the team resolve, escalate, or eliminate impediments. Additionally, ensure that dependencies, both internal and external, are streamlined for maximum value delivery.
To be successful as a Scrum master, you will need to have a solid grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum master will need to have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, deliver, and measure solution delivery.
- Training, mentoring and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Schedule and facilitate standard scrum ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily standups, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements
- Organization of demos and product/system testing
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials. Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Proactively work with product management to set team priorities and plan based on the team’s capacity and historical velocity
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform, using direct and influencing skills – not authority.
- Use a servant leadership style to support the team by responding to issues and minimizing external distractions which disrupt the team’s flow
- Serve as a liaison between the team members and other teams or third-party vendors
- Develop, capture, and analyze metrics to facilitate team improvements
- Mentor team members in agile and Scrum values, principles, artifacts, and techniques to promote best practices and drive continuous improvement
- Foster team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency, and self-organization to guide the team through their maturity curve to reach a performing state.
Experience and Education Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Professional Scrum Master Certification
- 4 years of working experience as a dedicated Scrum Master in an agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of Agile values, principles, and various Agile Frameworks to ensure scrum best practices are followed
- Ability to understand and motivate teams to deliver their commitment on time
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - written and verbal
- A professional, positive, and “can-do” approach
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter without the need for continual direction
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate internally with various teams
- Exceptional communication skills; public speaking, written, presentations
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Prior experience working with consumer-facing, distributed engineering teams
- Experience with Atlassian products, especially JIRA and Confluence
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods. May be required to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.