PXG - Sales Associate (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full line up of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Sales Associate will provide exceptional customer service while greeting, welcoming, and answering customer inquiries. The ideal candidate will be friendly and able to multitask while projecting a confident and professional demeanor.
- Easily engage, greet, and welcome clients into PXG; be an immediate advocate for the brand.
- Build meaningful relationships with clients and work to gain brand loyalty. Create and Xperience for the clients.
- Naturally goal driven, motivated to continuously improve personal performance while attaining sales goals established by management.
- Aid with questions pertaining to special requests, product information, price, use of merchandise, styling, technology; be inquisitive and work to constantly possess strong product knowledge for all product offerings.
- Assist customers with their retail selections and/or requests. Track and provide timely updates to customers as needed.
- Outreach to all types of clients to convey any number of client related needs; including but not limited to, arrival of their order, satisfaction of their purchase, upcoming events and arrivals of new collections or equipment developments.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and purchase/transaction history in company provided tools.
- Responsible for accurately processing client transactions, accepting payment, processing returns and helping place orders.
- Book fitting appointments and assist the fitters with follow up calls as needed.
- Assist in answering inbound phone calls with professionalism.
- Maintain front desk and retail center in a professional and brand appropriate style.
- Ensure product information is up to date and materials are available for clients.
- Replenish the store daily with merchandise as directed/needed. Communicate to management inventory voids for replenishment.
- Set up advertising displays and/or arrange merchandise to promote sales and in merchandising directives.
- Maintain daily reconciliation and recording of cash and credit card receipts.
- Ship, receive, transfer, or tag merchandise as applicable.
- Participate in scheduled inventory counts.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Job Skills Required:
- Have enthusiasm for excellence in client service in a retail environment.
- Hold a clientele mindset. Follow up and follow through.
- Attention to detail; ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities in an effective manner
- Polished and professional demeanor and appearance required
- Be timely and work scheduled hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and desire to work in a collaborative, ever-changing, team environment
- Strong phone and active listening skills are essential
- Cash management and basic math ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Display a high level of self-motivation, accountability, and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong multi-tasking, project prioritization and time management skills are essential
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, honesty, and integrity in all situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job Skills Preferred:
- Golf industry experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership
- Team player mentality & self-motivated
- High school diploma or GED
- Not applicable
Years of Experience:
- At least 2 years in a retail/customer service setting preferred
- Not applicable
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Free set of golf clubs
- Employee Discounts
- Smart Casual Dress Code
- Free drinks/snacks (Corporate Office)
- Unlimited access to the Calm app for you and up to five dependents
Must be able to sit and work at a desk and stand for long periods of time. This position may require travel.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2313