PXG - Retail Training Manager
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Retail Training Manager will be responsible for prioritizing, creating, organizing, and executing training sessions for all PXG Retail employees. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the education and preparation of our staff, from Store Managers, Selling Associates to Corporate Retail Staff. The Retail Training Manager candidate will also support the Retail Store teams in the day-to-day operations and processes and accountability thereto. The role requires an exceptional level of attention to detail. This position will be the primary contact for cross-functional teams, identifying and prioritizing requirements as it relates to the growth, education and development of the Retail Store teams.
- Owns the new hire onboarding experience: ranging from training facilitation, new hire communication, tech equipment, store organization. Through this training ensure that new hires successfully ramp and meet individual metrics.
- Responsible to develop and create all training material.
- Facilitate training modules as part of the Retail and Expert team onboarding and ongoing trainings.
- On-site support for store teams during store openings and subsequent necessary operational support during opening week
- Collaborate with departments to author Retail Standard Operating Procedures in order based on the needs of the business
- Play an integral role in onboarding and ongoing training for the Retail organization; manage training calendar and tech set up.
- Determine ways to impart knowledge to our teams to best operationalize PXG values.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ Retail training experience
- Experience Required within the scope of store opening and project management
- Golf industry experience preferred
- Engaging, confident and articulate communicator with passion to provide solutions-based resolution
- Flexible approach, based on business demand, and willingness to work in an environment of changing and competing priorities
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, accountability, and willingness to do, and learn, what it takes to get the job done
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team, and equally effective as an independent contributor
- High level of integrity, sound judgement and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically, Word and Excel, and previous customer database experience highly desired
This position works in an office/warehouse environment. Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1256