PXG - Retail Trainer (Scottsdale, AZ)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The PXG Retail Trainer will be responsible for creating, organizing, and executing training for all PXG retail employees related to retail operations. The successful candidate will educate and prepare our staff from Store Managers, Assistant Managers, and Retail/Fitting Associates. The Retail Trainer will also support the retail store teams in the day-to-day operations and processes. The role requires an exceptional level of attention to detail. This position will be the primary contact for cross-functional teams, identifying and prioritizing requirements related to the growth, education, and development of the retail store teams.
- Own the new hire onboarding experience for retail operations: ranging from training facilitation, new hire communication to retail network, store operating procedures, inventory management processes, retail finance actions, and store software training (Centara, Acumatica & Portal)
- Execute store training program for new store openings
- Support the retail store teams in the day-to-day operations and processes
- Manage the performance of new and existing employees through the delivery of materials and testing via Mindflash, insightful communication, regular 1:1’s, and reporting with sales leadership
- Collaborate with Sales Trainer to host monthly sales calls with areas to deliver best sales practices and gather employee feedback
- Work with Sales Training Manager and retail leadership to develop, organize, and implement additional training resources for retail operations
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Responsible to develop and create all training material in conjunction with stakeholders and subject matter experts
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ Retail training experience
- Golf industry experience preferred
- Engaging, confident and articulate communicator with passion to provide solutions-based resolution
- Flexible approach, based on business demand, and willingness to work in an environment of changing and competing priorities
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, accountability, and willingness to do, and learn, what it takes to get the job done
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team, and equally effective as an independent contributor
- High level of integrity, sound judgement, and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically, Word and Excel, and previous customer database experience highly desired
This position works in an office/warehouse environment. Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1603