PXG - Retail Store Planning & Development Mgr (UK Wide)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
In conjunction with PXG UK’s leadership team, the International Store Planning & Development Manager position is responsible for all facets of PXG’s retail store expansion strategy. In collaboration with the PXG US store planning and development team and external partners, this includes tasks and responsibilities related to site analysis, site selection, design and development (construction). In addition, this management position will be instrumental in leading and communicating the status of in country store development. As an integral position within PXG UK, the International Store Planning & Development Manager will report directly to PXG UK’s General Manager and have dotted line responsibility to PXG US’s Director of International Store Planning & Development.
The International Store Planning & Development Manager will oversee a project team consisting of local real estate brokers/consultant, architects, construction partners and IT resources in the site selection, design, planning, coordination and management of all construction projects, from site analysis and selection to pre-construction through project completion of new stores, seasonal updates and remodels.
- Creates store development strategy in collaboration with PXG US based on key markets, population density, demographics, private golf courses and retail competitors
- Effectively negotiates with local real estate brokers or real estate consultant on specific site locations, LOI’s, tenant improvement allowances and lease terms and conditions
- Assists in predevelopment due diligence (i.e. zoning ordinances, governmental & environmental agencies, and site plans)
- Develops pro-forma P&L’s to evaluate breakeven revenue requirements and profitability scenarios (ROI)
- Works with real estate attorneys (US & local) on lease negotiations and key components of lease (business items)
- Partners with US-based resources on the overall design and planning initiatives in conjunction with project design partner and prepares materials as required for presentation to PXG ownership
- Provides/acquires conceptual and pre-construction estimating for new projects and manages expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Develops store-specific budgets and manages throughout, inclusive of cash flow projections
- Coordinates the construction of PXG’s stores and remodels to ensure construction is completed and meets brand and quality standards on a timely and cost-effective basis
- Selects and manages project team consisting of local general contractor, architect, IT team, lighting distributor, turf distributor, and other project partners
- Works in collaboration with US and UK-based project team members to ensure architectural plans are accurate and effectively cover the project’s scope of work
- Evaluates bid proposals and quotes to identify and implement cost savings initiatives (value engineering) and ensures all costs are vetted and in line with historical expenses
- Manages and executes construction schedule and deliverables in conjunction with general contractor
- Manages all phases of store development projects from pre-construction through project completion
- Works closely with other PXG cross-functional teams, including Fitting Operations and Marketing to ensure strong coordination with focus on project milestones and schedules to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Leads weekly project team conference calls to monitor project status, timelines, identify challenges, evaluate solutions and costs and establish on-going priorities and deliverables
- Communicates and reports on the status of all projects to local and US leadership and supporting departments
- Monitors the schedule to demonstrate the overall project sequencing and supporting workflow with support from the project superintendent
- Reviews and processes all proposals/quotes, requests/manages purchase orders, review and administers change orders and processes/approves all invoices in partnership with finance team
- Reviews and approves construction draw requirements and payments
- Works with contractors to ensure all required permits and municipal approvals are obtained
- Works with legal teams (US & UK) to ensure all business licenses, tax certifications and insurance are obtained to eliminate any risk to scheduled store opening
- Establishes best practices and incorporates key learnings in store development strategy
- Works collaboratively with landlord, internal team members and project superintendent on transfer of utilities and adherence to property guidelines and standards
- Oversees project punch list and closeout
- Documents final project construction expenses, in conjunction with lien waivers, to apply for tenant improvement allowance reimbursement as defined by project lease
- Ensures appropriate processes and procedures are set forth to comply with lease terms such as monthly sales reporting requirements and/or audit compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years construction project management experience in the Retail channel
- Demonstrated management & leadership experience leading and managing a diverse project team - design, architectural, engineering and construction
- Experience working with US-based company within UK market a plus
- Proven ability of successfully managing a variety of projects and achieving established timelines
- Experience championing a project from acquisition to completion
- Ability to develop project budgets, plans and corresponding timelines
- Outstanding written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Adept at problem solving and creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Highly motivated and self-starter, able to take charge and make good decision
- The International Store Planning & Development Manager will travel up to 25% of time or as required to perform responsibilities, including International travel to US or other countries
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Travel is required.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1543