PXG - Retail Store Manager (King of Prussia, PA)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
A day in the life of the Retail Store Manager...
- Drives and maximizes sales performance to consistently achieve the overall budget objectives while ensuring operations integrity and monitoring monthly profitability
- Demonstrates sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided
- Educates self on PXG product lines, both equipment, apparel and accessories, is the store training ambassador, cascading, and training the retail teams on the technology, features and benefits of the entirety of the PXG product line
- Understands company set KPI’s and exhibits the ability to identify strategies when performance standards are not met
- “Owns the Business” – leads by example and creates, promotes, and follows through in delivering objectives set by PXG
- Leads the team to establish relationships and evaluates and proposes local events through continuous networking
- Drives incremental store traffic by promoting PXG in the marketspace; constantly evaluating and proposing opportunities to expose brand to all demographics
- Promotes a culture of service and client experience by leading the retail store team in elevating client service through various touchpoints in the client journey. Including but not limited to, client recruitment, client engagement and education and client after sales services
- Supports the development, implementation, and execution of the company’s CRM initiatives by providing action plans to the team
- Captures meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships to personalize future client development opportunities
- Manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store is in excellent working order and adequately supplied to ensure safe and efficient operations. Maintains a professional and premium store appearance
- Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures including operations, human resources, and security standards
- Provide accurate monthly schedules by reviewing peak hours to ensure adequate coverage and timely submission of payroll records for all employees.
- Support and maintain visual merchandising standards set by headquarters
- Performs all financial activities effectively and efficiently and in accordance with store policy and procedures. Manages all transactional and accounting processes in accordance with guidelines and on a timely basis
- Prepares and oversees physical inventories, ensuring proper accounting of received product and outflows of merchandise while ensuring shrink is kept to a minimum
- Manages stock on hand levels in support of sales, communicates effectively upward needs of the store based on client feedback and sell through; replenishes store with purpose
- Attracts, recruits, hires, and develops a strong performing team; builds a talent pipeline
- Support a consistent onboarding experience for all new hires
- Fosters a culture of development - monitors associate’s sales activities and productivity; proactively evaluates performance and communicates feedback on a consistent basis; motivates and trains associates to achieve full potential
- Prepares and conducts all performance appraisals and evaluations; and delivers coaching as needed
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention policies, operating procedures, and controls; conducts associate training as needed to reinforce proper controls
- Manage the allocation of staff resources to effectively drive sales and maintain a high level of customer service
Experience and Education Required:
- 4 years of retail management experience
- Demonstrated sales achievement and success in meeting goals and retail KPI’s
- Golf industry contacts and solid network encouraged
- BA/BS degree
- Appreciation and desire to excel in client service in a retail environment
- Proven track record of providing superior customer service along with strong, sales-closing abilities
- Possesses an engaging personality with excellent listening, verbal, and written skills
- An ability to prioritize/effectively respond to client, peers and team needs
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter with demonstrated abilities to lead and motivate diverse team
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal teams and clients
- Present a polished and professional demeanor and appearance
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM/sales database experience helpful
- Ability to monitor and analyze internal data against assigned KPI’s
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as applicable
- Must possess a valid US driver license and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift a maximum of 30lbs
Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, and stand for multiple hours each day. This position will require travel.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1320