PXG - Retail Store Manager (Detroit, Michigan)
The Retail Store Manager will lead and oversee the sales performance of the retail store, manage all aspects of operations, establish strong relationships within the community and foster a culture of development within the retail store team.
- Drives and maximizes sales performance to consistently achieve the overall budget objectives while ensuring operations integrity and monitoring monthly profitability.
- Demonstrates sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Educates self on PXG product lines, equipment, apparel, and accessories, and is the store training ambassador, cascading information to the retail teams on the technology, features, and benefits of the entirety of the PXG product line.
- On hands expert for all PXG systems to include POS, Sales Portal, Acumatica, Salesforce, and other systems need to operate within the retail store environment.
- Understands company set KPIs and exhibits the ability to identify strategies when performance standards are not met.
- “Owns the Business” – leads by example and creates, promotes, and follows through in delivering objectives set by PXG
- Collaborate with leaders and managers to establish B2B relationships along with proposing and executing local events through continuous networking.
- Drives incremental store traffic by promoting PXG in the marketspace; constantly evaluating and proposing opportunities to expose brand to all demographics.
- Promotes a culture of service and client experience by leading the retail store team in elevating client service through various touchpoints in the client journey. Including but not limited to, client recruitment, client engagement, and education, and client after-sales services.
- Supports the development, implementation, and execution of the Salesforce initiatives by providing action plans to the team.
- Captures meaningful customer data for the purpose of building relationships to personalize future client development opportunities.
- Identify marketing opportunities and collaborate with PXG’s marketing team to execute a plan for local marketing.
- Manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store is in excellent working order and adequately supplied to ensure safe and efficient operations. Maintains a professional and premium store appearance.
- Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures including operations, human resources, and security standards.
- Provide accurate monthly schedules by reviewing peak hours to ensure adequate coverage and timely submission of payroll records for all employees.
- Support and maintain visual merchandising standards set by headquarters.
- Performs all financial activities effectively and efficiently and in accordance with store policy and procedures. Manages all transactional and accounting processes in accordance with guidelines and on a timely basis.
- Prepares and oversees physical inventories, ensuring proper accounting of received products and outflows of merchandise while ensuring shrink is kept to a minimum.
- Manages stock on hand levels in support of sales, communicates effectively upward needs of the store based on client feedback and sell through; replenishes store with a purpose.
- Attracts, recruits, and develops a strong performing team; builds a talent pipeline.
- Support a consistent onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Fosters a culture of development - monitors associates’ sales activities and productivity; proactively evaluates performance and communicates feedback on a consistent basis; motivates and trains store personnel to achieve their full potential.
- Prepares and conducts all performance appraisals and evaluations; and delivers coaching as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention policies, operating procedures, and controls; conducts associate training as needed to reinforce proper controls.
- Manage the allocation of staff resources to effectively drive sales and maintain a high level of customer service.
Job Skills Required:
- Appreciation and desire to excel in client service in a retail environment
- Proven track record of providing superior customer service along with strong, sales-closing abilities
- Possesses an engaging personality with excellent listening, verbal, and written skills
- An ability to prioritize/effectively respond to client, peers, and team needs
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter with demonstrated abilities to lead and motivate a diverse team
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with internal teams and clients
- Present a polished and professional demeanor and appearance
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM/sales database experience helpful
- Ability to monitor and analyze internal data against assigned KPIs
Job Skills Preferred:
- Golf industry contacts and a solid network encouraged
- Demonstrated sales achievement and success in meeting goals and retail KPIs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership
- Team player mentality & self-motivated
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Must possess a valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
Years of Experience:
- 5 years of retail management experience
- This position will require travel.
Perks of working at PXG:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Dependent Care and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- Free set of golf clubs after 90 days
- Employee Discounts
- Smart Casual Dress Code
- Free in-house café with coffee and snacks
This position works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2188