PXG - Retail Project Manager (Scottsdale, AZ)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
As the Retail Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects of all types and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. In this role, you will provide management and oversight of cross-functional project development and planning through oversight of the execution and deployment of the assets by various contractors and store management throughout the United States. You will be responsible for ensuring these retail initiatives are deployed on time, on budget, and to defined specifications.
- Manages projects from creation to implementation
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Assisting in the definition and scope of the project and goals
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Resource Planning
- Define milestones, develop, and maintain status reports and update the project management software program
- Monitor the progress of each project and track potential roadblocks
- Conduct weekly status meetings with internal teams
- Demonstrates ownership and initiative over assigned tasks while updating leadership with regular status updates
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple teams are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Develops and maintains an understanding of available tools and systems, and applies effective approaches to tasks and initiatives
- Develops relationships with key business partners
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Meet with leadership to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
- Other duties as assigned or required
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of project management, retail store setup, or related experience
- Golf industry experience is a plus
- Understanding of the Project Management Institute (PMI) framework
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)
- Highly Motivated and Self-starter
- Cost and risk management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience working in Project Management Software Program
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This position works in an office/remote work environment. Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time. Will require travel.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.