PXG - Retail Fitting Associate (PXG Atlanta Retail Location)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
This position will be based in and work from Atlanta Georgia.
The Retail Fitting Associate combines two key positions with PXG’s retail store, which are a Retail Associate and Fitting Specialist. In this role, the Retail Fitting Associate allocate their work week between the Retail Associate and Fitting Specialist roles as directed by the Retail Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager based on the specific demands of the store on a daily/weekly basis. This position is responsible for maximizing store sales results and delivering an exceptional customer experience by educating and selling customers on PXG’s history, brand and products and fitting appointments. As part-time Fitting Specialist, this role will also be responsible for providing an exemplary customer experience through the custom-fitting of PXG golf clubs.
- Utilizing a combination PXG’s training and selling skills, deliver an exceptional fitting experience to PXG customers.
- Increase store sales by satisfying customer’s needs and closing orders during scheduled or walk-in fitting appointments.
- Leverage TrackMan data, insights and customer feedback to accurately align customer’s performance needs to PXG product offerings.
- Maximize order value by upselling and cross-selling (clubs, bags and apparel and accessories).
- Maintain a positive, customer focused attitude by listening, understanding, and responding to customer needs and offering creative solutions.
- Handling of administrative tasks in a timely and efficient manner (processing orders, daily sales reporting, inventory, etc.).
- Assist customers with their retail selections and/or special requests while proactively communicating status as applicable with customers.
- Processing of customer transactions from selection of merchandise to payment processing, managing returns and the sourcing of product if store is out of stock. Gift wrap and/or bag merchandise for customer to deliver premium customer service.
- Maintain superior in-store visual merchandising through the replenishment of shelves, counters and/or tables with on-hand merchandise. Set up advertising displays and/or arrange merchandise in visually pleasing manner to promote sales.
- In conjunction with other Retail team members, capture and share customer-specific insights on apparel and PXG experience.
- Provide exceptional follow-up in a timely manner to all customers.
- Foster strong communication and collaboration with all team members including PXG HQ as appropriate.
- Increase revenue and profitability while meeting deadlines and working in an organized manner.
- Learn, understand and share PXG history, brand and product knowledge for equipment and apparel.
- Perform other related duties as required
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum of 2 years professional club fitting experience (retail or green grass)
- Customer-facing retail experience either in a retail environment, golf shop or club pro shop
- History of superior customer engagement and exceptional customer service
- A professional, positive and flexible attitude
- Enthusiastic team player
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office and basis computer skills
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, stand, and lift.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1053