PXG - R&D Engineer (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
Are you an engineer with a passion for golf?
At PXG an R&D Engineer is responsible for the research, design and development of golf clubs. The primary goal of the R&D Team at PXG is to develop new products that noticeably outperform our previous generation products. Your role on this team includes initial idea generation for new technology concepts that enhance performance and the integration of those concepts into next-gen product designs. PXG R&D engineers are a rare breed. They need to be creative, smart, passionate about golf and excellent Engineers.
- Create CAD models of product designs with complex surface geometry
- Use FEA software to analyze designs
- Leverage knowledge of Physics, Advance Materials and other Mechanical Engineering skills to generate new technology concepts
- Have an Eye for Golf Clubs - develop new club designs with excellent consumer appeal – Our products need to look cool and sexy!
- Innovation/Creativity – ability to generate new technology ideas/concepts that deliver enhanced performance
- High level of Problem-solving skills – need to identify the risks and uncertainty that exist in new technology and or the manufacturing process of new designs and develop test plans to certify process or technology prior to production
- Manage design reviews and release procedures
- Participate in cross-functional teams to evaluate design, development, manufacturing, and legal and marketing issues
- Work with team members to define performance and durability design requirements
- Lead product and performance durability testing
- Follow design procedures and design standards
- Collaborate with vendors/suppliers
- Provide status reporting and time recording
- Conduct design reviews as needed
Experience and Education Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of golf club design experience
- Familiarity/basic programming skills in C , SQL and Matlab a plus
- A passion for golf or golf industry-related experience
- Excellent 3D CAD software skills including parametric curves, free form surfacing and solids tools, associative/parametric modeling techniques and family of parts design methods
- Solid critical thinking/analysis skills
- Knowledge of golf club design features critical to performance, and testing and evaluation methods
- Strong relationship, communication and collaboration skills to effectively partner with internal and external teams
- Strong knowledge of the physics, materials, structures and mass properties related to golf club performance
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.