PXG - Quality Control Assoc (Oyama, Tochigi Prefecture Japan)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! We pour every ounce of innovation into each club design, from drivers to putters, and to our coveted golf apparel collections that combine performance, luxury, and style. We are actively building our operations into the Japanese market, and this position will be part of the leadership team tasked with developing strategic business planning. Ready to become part of the PXG team? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKf886voSo
This position is responsible for analyzing and solving problems in compliance in regard to apparel, club heads, and accessories. In addition, to check the quality of incoming and outgoing materials or products and supplies used for the manufacture of products, and inspection and quality assurance of finished product as well as ensuring the accuracy of orders.
- Plan, prepare, conduct, review, and report on audits of product and component using configuration, packaging, and dimensional quality standards and product specifications.
- Maintain product quality standards documentation.
- Is responsible for inspecting products received from all suppliers and embroidered goods from Manufacturing.
- Is required to take precise measurements and record manual data when measurements can’t be recorded electronically.
- Analyze and identify the probable root causes for quality problems and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Make quality decisions based on product and process specifications as well as quality system guidelines
- Keep up to date on product knowledge
- Identify opportunities for improving awareness, visibility, communication, and involvement of operators in quality improvement initiatives.
- Verify implementation and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions to support continuous improvement.
- Act as a role model in promoting quality systems, procedures and standards.
- Able to proficiently train employees to perform the different inspection functions
- Make presentations of system status to management and senior management
- Recommend process improvements
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Special projects as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum 3 years of inspection experience as a process or product auditor/inspector in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Golf industry experience preferred
- Professional, positive, and flexible attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word and Excel
- Able to work in a team environment with emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Multi-tasking ability, prioritization, and time management skills
This position works in an office/warehouse environment. Must be able to bend, crouch, sit, stand, lift.
Job Reference #: 1673