PXG - Production Manager
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Production Manager will support the Apparel team by overseeing the sourcing and development of fabrics and trims as well as partnering to execute the apparel line from concept to launch. This position will be involved with global sourcing strategies, ensuring timely delivery of product, and guaranteeing all categories meet brand quality standards.
- Manage all aspects of production operations, organization and communication in product development and manufacturing
- Proactively research and manage all sampling and follow through to final production
- Negotiate fabric and trim costs, lead times and minimums with suppliers
- Maintain, manage, and introduce new relationships to Apparel team
- Travel to various factories to introduce product/design and garner relationship
- Work with vendors to receive and review standard WIP reports to ensure production schedule is on time and articulate findings to leadership team
- Successfully present new and effective technologies to design team
- Partner with Purchasing Department on purchase orders and research best price for the best quality each season
- Analyze trends in the fashion markets & competitors’ product strategies to identify beneficial opportunities to implement or improve upon
- Maintain superior product knowledge
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Attend design fittings.
- Manage quality control.
- Develop seasonal production budgets.
- Maintain and manage stock inventory of all fabrics and trims
- Must have knowledge on sustainable, recycled, and organic mills as well as factories.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Apparel or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 years of experience in Apparel/Fashion industry
- Golf industry experience highly preferred but not required
- Experience with full design process from concept to launch
- Strong background working with US and/or international vendors/suppliers
- Solid understanding of garment construction and design, and sample evaluations/details
- A professional, positive, and “can-do” approach
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter without the need for continual direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong desire to collaborate internally with other teams
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, Illustrator, and Photoshop (CS Platform), with Mac and/or PC experience
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. International travel required.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1187