PXG - Product Owner Internal Systems (Remote)
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Product Manager - Internal Systems is responsible for understanding the software needs of PXG’s direct-to-consumer model. Our team sets the vision/tone for not only our customer experience i. This role is responsible for articulating what success looks like in-store and operationally and rallying teams to turn that vision into a reality.
A Product Owner for Internal Systems is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of our systems development work that supports the in-store experience, our warehouse management, manufacturing, point-of-sale, and ERP systems and processes. As Product Owner, you will gather feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate sprints. You will also identify user needs, help stakeholders understand business value, and work with cross-functional teams to manage website product releases.
As a Product Owner you will:
- Help build and refine the product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities for PXG’s in-store sales, warehouse management, ERP, and manufacturing models. Work closely with the Product Management team and other Product owners to align these strategies across the web and store, US & International
- Help execute the internal systems roadmap with the other members of the delivery teams
- Use data to assess KPI and OKRs for your assigned areas
- Prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the defined product strategy
- Continuously discover opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our internal systems by researching and analyzing
- Be the communication link between stakeholders and the delivery team
- Work with the scrum master to ensure that the team has an adequate number of prior-prepared tasks to work on (refinement is at least a few sprints ahead)
- Own and manage the backlog: Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product, including technical stories & technical debt
- Partner with the delivery team to lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Communicate releases and features per release. Document/send out release notes to stakeholders
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- Advocate for internal customers to ensure we're all aligned around the strategy for our systems in the context of delivering our products to customers.
- Have an urge to continuously improve and share learning with the teams you support
- Are curious about why things are done the way they are and you're not afraid to question if there is a better way
- Think Teamwork is Dreamwork
- Have a professional, positive, and “can-do” approach
- Have Salesforce cloud experience
Projects you or your team could work on:
- Improving our ERP with add-on modules to improve our Warehouse Management abilities to best utilize inventory
- International Retail store expansion with new platforms to enable the opening of stores in multiple countries and states
- Launching and improving our ability to deliver purchased products (both raw products coming to us and product being sent to customers through existing and new sales channels like Amazon)
- New end-to-end experiences for how our customers get a Golf Club Fitting with us
- Define/launch and improve new communication channels for PXG to engage with our customers where they'd best be served (Chat, Text, Video)
You should have some of this experience:
- Experience with retail, direct-to-consumer strategy
- 3 years of business or product manager experience in an agile environment
- Working experience of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative problem solver with an attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and JIRA/Confluence, Data Analysis tools (Tableau)
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.