PXG - Product Owner eCommerce Solutions (Remote)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Product Owner - eCommerce Solutions is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of our website.
As a Product Owner - eCommerce Solutions, you will gather feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate sprints. You will also identify user needs, help stakeholders understand the business value, and work with cross-functional teams to manage website product releases.
- Continuously research and analyze the market and our customers. Understand our competitors and the industry
- Work closely with a cross-functional Product Owner team to align strategies across web and store, US & International
- Execute product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities in your assigned area
- Use data to assess Key Performance Indicators, (KPIs) Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for your assigned area
- Assign feature value & develop detailed requirements for the development team(s)
- Prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the defined product strategy
- Be the communication link between stakeholders and the delivery team
- Give constructive feedback on product roadmaps, helps adjust and build new ones
- Work with the scrum master to ensure that the team has an adequate number of prior-prepared tasks to work on (refinement is at least a few sprints ahead)
- Own and manage the backlog: Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product, including technical stories & technical debt
- Partner with the delivery team to lead the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for the delivery of new functionalities.
- Communicate releases and features per release. Document/send out release notes to stakeholders
- Continuously improve – Process feedback output from retrospectives and adjust
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Stay up to date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Perform other related duties as required
Experience and Education Required:
- 3 years of previous working experience as a Product Owner in a retail industry
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Has functioned within an established product organization
- Scaled Agile and/or Spotify model knowledge
- A professional, positive and “can-do” approach
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter without the need for continual direction
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate internally with various teams
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal/public speaking, written, presentations
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and JIRA/Confluence
This position primarily works in an office environment. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.