PXG - Principal Security Architect (Scottsdale, AZ or Remote)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
You will provide crucial insight in this role, ensuring that critical systems are functioning correctly, monitored, automated, and designed to scale to support PXG’s global growth. This role requires a thoughtful problem solver and big picture thinker with excellent communication skills. The security architect is responsible for collaborating on the design and deployment of dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable infrastructure both on-premise and in the Cloud. Emotional intelligence, superb interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills are highly desired. The ability to facilitate complex discussions and bring them to resolution is key.
As a senior trusted advisor providing security consulting services across multiple project teams, and with other IT leaders, you will provide advice on security, risk, and technology to improve the overall security posture of the IT infrastructure.
- Assists with compensating control alternatives where security requirements cannot be met.
- Integrates efforts and extensively collaborates with IT stakeholders to move forward with speed and accuracy.
- Promotes and fosters collaboration and standardization across multiple internal technology groups based on common technology interests and priorities.
- Establishes and maintains a repository of reference architectures, deploys best practices and lessons learned to drive efficient business development initiatives, and continuously explores ways to shorten time to production.
- Monitors emerging information security trends and proactively identifies emerging cybersecurity use cases and drives innovation opportunities.
- Analyzes technical risks and advises on risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifies teams needed based on the proposed solution.
- Works with the Project Manager, Engineer, technical application leads, and Functional/Business Analysts to develop a high-level project schedule, resource plan for the project, and project cost estimates.
- Applies technical knowledge and customer insights to create project roadmaps to support business goals.
- Works with architecting, designing, and supporting cloud infrastructure and its solutions.
- Develops technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborates with other architects or senior engineers in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions.
- Leads and participates in security governance planning and execution.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Creates comprehensive security requirement documentation, certification, compliance, and privacy requirements prior to product release or project start.
Experience and Education Required:
- At least 5 years of experience designing, deploying and supporting scalable medium or large cloud security architectures.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple security solutions including SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management, Network Security, AppSec, SOAR and other tools.
- Track record of success with and a strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations related to, Windows, Apple, Linux based operating systems.
- Proficient with network stack design and implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal intelligence; teaching, problem-solving, communication.
- Experience mentoring, leading, or managing technical team members.
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP Top Ten, or similar methodologies.
- Experience working with Kanban, Scrum, or similar frameworks.
- CISSP or other industry-standard certification required.
- Computer science or technical IT degree, with masters, preferred.
- Thorough understanding of compliance and risk management in a regulated environment.
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with global resources.
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent collaboration and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex messages in a clear, concise manner to all audiences.
This role is based in an office environment in Scottsdale, AZ, or works from home. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods. May include working holidays/nights/weekends to assist with critical business-related incidents.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1671