PXG - Post Production Manager (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
We’re looking for a detail oriented and experienced Post-Production Manager to oversee the post-production processes of in-house teams and external contractors. This role requires strong technical understanding and solid organization skills to keep all content, advertising, and long-form projects on deadline and on budget. Our Post-Production Manager will also need excellent communication skills as the liaison between various PXG teams and the post-production team.
- Manages a high-volume workload including the time of editors, designers, animators, audio specialists, etc. to ensure all tasks are being completed within the time and budget allotted.
- Develops post-production budgets and schedules in partnership with key stakeholders, making changes to the budget and schedule as required.
- Serves as main contact with production and studio crews during prep, shoot and wrap, communicating all pertinent information relevant to the post-production process.
- Coordinate and manage post-production staff, freelancers and manage staff schedules to ensure editorial flow across the evolution of all post-production processes.
- Develop overall systems and processes to efficiently coordinate and track all post-production work, from edit schedules to client graphic and animation reviews.
- Meet regularly with post-production staff to ensure they are meeting these production budgets and schedules.
- Communicate directly with the stakeholders on project status and editorial and creative changes.
- Create performance benchmarks and accountability tools.
- Stay abreast of cutting-edge technology and post-production trends in partnership with senior engineering team, ensuring the post-production team is constantly improving skillsets.
- Hire post-production vendors on an as needed basis including editors, audio specialists, graphic artists, colorists, etc.
- Negotiate costs with suppliers
- Codify and disseminate best practices and policies, enforcing compliance.
- Manage a media asset and production asset management system/database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a post-production, production facility and/or advertising agency
- Previous work as a post-production manager, coordinator, producer or senior editor preferred.
- Experience working in commercial production and original program development a plus.
- Experience working with and/or overseeing a Media Asset Management system a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proven success in managing direct stakeholder relations and communications.
- Superior organizational skills combined with a proven track record of high productivity.
- Ability to work under time-pressured deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to write, produce and edit a plus.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
This position is in a combination post-production studio and from time to time field work and will be required to sit or stand for long periods of time. This position will routinely perform manual tasks, work on a computer and communicate on the phone. This position will be required to attend events and meetings outside of the office.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 2009