PXG - Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (Scottsdale, AZ)
Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Manager, FP&A leads the development of financial models, reporting, processes, and procedures to support changing global business demands while maintaining high-quality standards and appropriate internal control safeguards for Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG), a growing, global manufacturing and retail company. This role requires a combination of retail, manufacturing, supply chain, and domestic and international business experience. Additionally, this position works cross-functionally within the PXG Finance team to drive improvements throughout the department, supporting growth and standard processes. This role will work with both PXG and YAM functional team members.
- Own key components of monthly/quarterly financial tools and presentations, as well as support the growing PXG financial reporting and metrics requirements such as financial statements and reports, process documentation, Key Performance Indicators and other tactical and strategic data requirements, etc.
- Partner with and provide data-driven strategic and operational finance data and recommendations to executive leaders and functional business partners
- Be an analytical thinker with the ability to identify strategic topics, synthesize complex ideas into clear frameworks, and use analysis to drive strategic priorities
- Monitor industry trends with the curiosity to understand and communicate any potential implications on our business
- Establish and maintain KPI tracking and strengthen operational infrastructure across all departments
- Manage overall budget process for the organization
- Perform financial forecasting reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support
- Dashboard reporting on financial performance and preparation for regular management reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements to various business partners in the organization
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommending actions for optimization
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Ensure that all planning results in fully functioning projections of each financial statement.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial reporting.
- Build ROI/ business models (ST & LT) for major capital expenditures, projects, ventures, promotions.
- Analyze profitability for market, customer, product, business.
- Provide proactive variance analyses.
- Produce proformas and post reviews/measurement for key initiatives.
- Provide data sourcing, querying & modeling for discovery analytics.
- Develop standardized, self-service performance reporting.
- Build requirements & validate production-ready metrics and reports.
- Partner with IT on short-term and long-term foundational data and capability needs.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or similar quantitative field of study; Master's Degree preferred.
- 7 years of building, leading, sponsoring, and motivating successful teams and projects. Ensuring both are achieving their full potential.
- Strong industry knowledge in retail, distribution and/or consumer packaged goods.
- Advanced experience working in Microsoft tools (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint) and business intelligence software (i.e., Tableau)
- Working knowledge in Financial/ GL Systems, Database querying tools, Visualization tools, Statistical tools.
- Experience in manufacturing company desired, Experience with ERP system a plus
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required, experience with Acumatica is a plus
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and carrying out detailed, complex analysis
- Proven mastery of large data handling and tool-driven data analysis
- The mindset of continuous process improvements with a focus on questioning the status quo.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and prioritize competing deadlines in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and external entities
- Work with various teams across multiple locations to promote consistency and ensure adherence to processes
- Desire to drive improvement and a positive attitude
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed, and follow through with the minimum direction
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment with open communication with peers and supervisors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
This position requires working in an office environment. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1565