PXG - Machine Shop Manager
PXG was founded by American entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons with the sole intent to design and develop the world’s finest golf clubs – and we believe we have done just that! With no cost or time constraints, PXG is committed to the long process of researching various alloys, exploring new technologies, and identifying the unique properties that make PXG clubs perform unlike anything else. With no set product release cycles, the company takes its time and pours every ounce of innovation into each new club design. PXG offers a full lineup of right and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as a complete line of high-performance, fashion-forward apparel. Ready to join the PXG team?
The Machine Shop Manager leads and manages the day-to-day machining operations for PXG. This position will oversee producing intricate engineering prototypes and innovative tooling, essential for manufacturing. The successful candidate will have a strong focus on continuous improvement and technology growth to meet the company’s needs.
- Manage set-up, operation, program editing and inspection of hardware on CNC machine in accordance with CAD designs, blueprints, SOP’s and other supporting documentation and procedures
- Provides direct, hands-on support in programming and overseeing CNC machine operation
- Ability to run manual mill and lathes to meet production needs
- Delegate and project manage plans, designs, and models, outsourcing if needed, to meet critical deadlines
- Perform necessary functions to develop new CNC programs and execute established ones
- Perform to established productivity standards and sustain a level of quality for parts produced
- Develop production analysis metrics and tools to track shop productivity and communicate updates to leadership
- Manage inventory and order process of materials and tools
- Inspect parts to process specifications
- Establish standard operating procedures and ensure high quality completion on all jobs
- Create and manage a safe work environment that encourages and motivates employees to meet and exceed their goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- 8-10 years of 5 Axis CNC programming experience using MasterCam or equivalent programming code
- 3 years’ experience managing a team
- Golf industry experience a plus
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and hands on approach to manufacturing
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Knowledge of heat treat and annealing
- Familiarity with metallurgy
- Must be able to read and interpret industry blueprints
- Must be able to determine machine tool and CNC program errors
- Excellent communication skills required to interface with designers and engineers
- Detail-oriented and strong focus on quality
This position primarily works in a loud machine shop environment. This position is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40lbs. May be required to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time. This position may be exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1101