PXG - Import/Export Compliance Manager (Scottsdale, AZ)
The Import/Export Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring proper classification and import requirements are assigned to individual parts crossing international borders. Should there be any missing data elements or clarification needed at time of import, this individual will act as the primary point of contact for customs brokers. The Import/Export Compliance Manager will use their research and analytical skills daily in order to play a vital role in the larger Supply Chain team.
- Build and execute a Customs compliance program. Perform Trade Compliance audits. Maintain documentation in accordance with record-keeping requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for brokers to resolve shipment specific issues
- Research part details to accurately determine the form, fit, and function of products that are being imported and exported
- Utilize USHTS, legal notes, explanatory notes, existing customs rulings, and other tools to arrive at a reasonable classification
- Research requirements of other government agencies
- Provide advice and analysis to PXG designers and business leaders to understand duty's impact on total acquisition costs. Identify money-saving opportunities. Support cross-functional teams (Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal, Tax, etc.)
- Review and remit duties
- Maintain documentation in accordance with record-keeping requirements and archive classification logic and justification.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
- 5 years customs compliance experience
- Strong understanding of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS)
- Strong understanding of the classification logic, HTS Legal Notes, WCO Explanatory notes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Customs Specialist Preferred
- Bi-lingual is a plus (preferably Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, or Korean)
This position works in an office environment.
PXG is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
PXG believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. PXG will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Reference #: 1661